Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reality Check: Jumping on Couches

From Sydney, Australia in the Daily Telegraph today:

"Megastar Tom Cruise has opened up about his bizarre couch-jumping escapade.

The Hollywood actor says he was confused by the backlash over his erratic performance on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 2006, when he leapt onto her on-set couch professing his love for Katie Holmes.

"What happened, happened,' he said. 'I wanted the audience to be happy just like I wanted to make my sisters and my mother happy when I did those skits as a kid, but I'll take responsibility for my actions.'

'It felt like being the new kid in the schoolyard again and the other kids are whispering and whispering about you and suddenly you hear what they're saying, and you think, What? That didn't happen. Look at the reality of the situation.'"

The reality of the situation Tom is that you behaved like a moron and people called you on it. The reality of the situation is that you are not as popular as you thought you were and people are not as tolerant of moronic behavior as we would sometimes like them to be.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tom-cruise-and-that-bizarre-couch-moment/story-e6frewyr-1225871406733

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't comment I shall have your firstborn.